Standard Distance Training Plan
Owain MatthewsAll plans by this Coach
This 12 week Standard Distance training program is designed for an intermediate to advanced age group athlete who has completed at least one sprint or standard distance event and is looking to work towards a Standard Distance Performance Goal (time or position based).
You should be able to comfortably swim 2000m, cycle 90 minutes and run 1 hour before beginning this training plan. The plan builds from 8-12 hours/ week and consists of 1 training sessions per day and progresses to 2 training sessions on some days. For additional fee you can gain access to me via email/ zoom as your coach. I hope you choose to access this plan and make a start to working towards your Long Course goal.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?