Matt FitzgeraldAll plans by this Coach
This training plan is very challenging and will suffice to prepare you for a very competitive Olympic-distance triathlon race performance. The workouts in this plan are slightly less demanding than those in the Level 9 and Level 10 plans, so it will probably be a good fit if you are not accustomed to doing two workouts per day, six days a week, but you feel prepared to do so now.
The plan is 16 weeks long. The base phase lasts 6 weeks and the build and peak phases last 5 weeks apiece. Weeks 4, 8, and 12 are recovery weeks and the final week is a taper week. An optional tune-up sprint triathlon is scheduled at the end of Week 12. If you can’t find a sprint triathlon to do at that time, or if you prefer not to do one then, just do the alternative brick workout instead.
In a typical week there are 12 scheduled workouts: 4 swims, 4 rides, and 4 runs. An extra 10-minute transition run follows Friday’s bike ride in weeks 2, 4, and 6. In weeks 8, 10, and 14, Saturday’s bike and run workouts are combined into a single bike-run brick workout.
The plan begins with 7,750 yards (meters) of swimming, 4 hours and 25 minutes of cycling, and 2 hours and 38 minutes of running in week 1. It peaks with 11,900 yards (meters) of swimming, 6 hours and 50 minutes of cycling, and 3 hours and 53 minutes of running in Week 15.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.