Matt FitzgeraldAll plans by this Coach
This plan offers a good balance between time efficiency and results. Like the Level 1 and Level 2 plans, it features only 6 scheduled workouts in a typical week--2 swims, 2 rides, and 2 runs--but the workouts are more challenging to suit those who don't just want to finish but want to finish well.
In weeks 2, 4, 6, and 8, a 10-minute transition run is tacked onto the end of Saturday’s bike ride. In weeks 10 and 14 a bike-run brick workout takes the place of Sunday’s run.
The plan is 16 weeks in length and includes an optional sprint distance tune-up race at the end of Week 12. The base phase is six weeks long and the build and peak phases five weeks apiece. Weeks 4, 8, and 12 are recovery weeks and the final one is a taper week. An optional tune-up sprint triathlon is scheduled for week 12. If you don’t have the opportunity to do one, do a brick workout instead.
The Level 3 plan begins with 2,300 yards of swimming, 1 hour and 30 minutes of cycling, and 1 hour and 10 minutes of running in Week 1. It peaks with 3,700 yards of swimming, 3 hours and 30 minutes of cycling, and 2 hours of running in Week 15.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?