Dr. Christopher MyersAll plans by this Coach
Welcome to the 3 Sports Science 10K Run - 6-week Base Phase Training Plan. This 6-week plan is for road running or increasing your aerobic base after the bike. This plan assumes you have a low to moderate running fitness and fits well early in the base period of an Annual Training Plan. This plan is written for you to utilize running power, heart rate, pace, or rate of perceived exertion (RPE) as your pacing guide. The general outline of the plan is as follows:
Monday – Day off
Tuesday – Short endurance run
Wednesday – Tempo run
Thursday - Short endurance run
Friday – Day off
Saturday – Upper endurance run
Sunday – Long run
This entire program is written by Dr. Chris Myers who has a Ph.D. in Exercise Physiology, specializing in endurance physiology, and has a background in sports nutrition. He is the Head Coach and founder of 3 Sports Science, USAC Level 1 Coach, USA Swimming Level 4, USAT Level IIE, and IMU Certified coach.
Thank you for your interest in this training plan. If you have any questions, comments, or need clarification, feel free to email Chris at email@example.com.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.