I have a race in 8 weeks! INTERMEDIATE level Training plan- Olympic Distance
Tony DoddsAll plans by this Coach
This program is generated for people who have some experience in Triathlon, or who are quite confident in there training.
Made from myself (Ex Olympic New Zealand professional and Olympic Triathlete), this program should give you a good kick in the right direction. 8 weeks is enough time to get some solid training in and feel the benefits of it.
Do not get carried away and go too hard early on, trust the process!
To do this program i would recommend being able to:
- Swim 800m non stop, or be able to complete 2000m in a swim session
- Bike 90 minutes
- Run 45 minutes
There are swim programs in the descriptions, and videos or links for drills.
A core session 1 x per week.
Keep the consistency up, you may feel good after 1 week, but by the 3rd week it will take start to take it's toll. This is just your body telling you it is changing and adapting.
- Having Electrolytes with you
- Recovery shake after longer or hard sessions
- Eat well
- Get good sleep
- Drink plenty of fluids
Go out there and enjoy the process!
If you want a more individual program after, and want to get more in depth about progression, then email me at email@example.com
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?