BCA | Olympic ~ 18 wks – INTERMEDIATE – (7.5-10 hrs/wk) + 24/7 Email Support
Jonathan MelvilleAll plans by this Coach
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Breakaway Coaching and Analytics
What People Have Said:
'The plan has helped hugely over the last two months by providing a great structure to stick to, and the additional information on physiology and nutrition that you provided has been very beneficial' - William.S
This 18-week plan is designed for intermediate triathletes training for an Olympic triathlon (1.5km swim, 40km bike, 10k run). The plan takes you through all the phases of training including, a base phase, race specific phase and tapering for event.
Before this plan you need to be able to:
- Swim 1800 meters.
- Bike 2:00 hours.
- Run 50 minutes (not in one day).
Details of the plan include:
- First week: 7:28 hours. Biggest week: 10:02 hours (week 12).
- Rest days per week: 1.
- Strength Training is included 2 times per week.
- Shorter mid-week workouts to accommodate work.
- The plan is designed for heart rate, power, pace or feel (RPE).
- Event day is designed for Sunday or Saturday (see training guide for details).
What does this programme include?
- Qualified Coach Email Support 24/7.
- Training Programme guide, Nutrition guide and Strength training/exercise guide (40 + pages total).
- You can re-use the plan as much as you please.
- Data analysis: see training guide for detail.
- Access to extensive YouTube Channel.
- Compatible with Zwift, Garmin, Polar, Suunto, Wahoo and more.
Not sure which plan to choose?
Or contact BCA directly for help:
Breakaway Coaching and Analytics (BCA) Limited:
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|1:54 hrs||1:18 hrs|
|3:37 hrs||2:30 hrs|
|1:35 hrs||1:05 hrs|
Day Off x1
|0:43 hrs||0:30 hrs|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||1:54 hrs||1:18 hrs|
||3:37 hrs||2:30 hrs|
||1:35 hrs||1:05 hrs|
||0:43 hrs||0:30 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- Heart Rate Monitor