Beginner -Base 12 week Olympic Distance Triathlon training plan
Tony DoddsAll plans by this Coach
Designed by Olympic Triathlete from New Zealand, Tony Dodds.
Tony has raced for 13 years as a professional Triathlete, now coaching for 5 years fro Novice, Amatuer and elite Triathletes around the world.
This program is targeted at novice athletes who have done some training in swimming,biking and running, and may have done a sprint Triathlon before. You should ideally have done a few weeks of training before this.
There are full swimming programs and full descriptions in the program.
You will be doing a 4 week cycle as 3 build and 1 recovery week.
This is a base program. For a lead up to a race check out our other 12 week build up to your next race. Or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for a more personal and in depth training program, or see prices at:
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x2
|1:56 hrs||1:30 hrs|
|2:45 hrs||2:30 hrs|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||1:56 hrs||1:30 hrs|
||2:45 hrs||2:30 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?