Pinnacle MultisportAll plans by this Coach
This 8-week plan is specially designed for the beginner or intermediate triathlete, regardless of age, who has is looking to get into triathlons and has a goal to enjoy and be proficient.
You should be able to swim 100m, bike 30mins and run 20mins before starting.
The plan is a build plan with the first 4 weeks geared to sprint distance and the last 4 weeks to increase fitness if you are working towards the Olympic distance. As many use power meters or have smart trainers, the cycling workouts are such that they can be exported and used with a trainer.
Self-testing is included to help gauge progress toward a respectable placing in the race. General Guidance -We recommend you visit your GP before you start any training plan -If you are not sure if any session is suitable for your level of fitness or health, any activity doesn’t feel right or you feel unwell, stop and seek professional advice. -
These sessions are aimed at regular gym users or those with some level of fitness already and aim to build on your fitness and speed, putting the elements together ready for your event -Enjoy the sessions, build up slowly and have fun!
By the end of the 8 weeks you will have excellent base fitness and be ready to move on to the Olympic/5150 race specific plan else will be sufficiently fit to race a sprint distance and gain the much needed experience
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.