Steve Johnson - Dark Horse TriathlonAll plans by this Coach
With this 8-week plan, we'll focus on boosting the time and power you're able to ride at VO2 max. Why should you want to do this you ask? By raising these variables, you'll increase the space between power at VO2 max and FTP, thus giving you an opportunity to focus on raising your FTP once you've completed this plan. This plan is best for any cyclist or triathlete looking to work hard and get faster. This plan can be utilized indoors or out and focuses primarily on power and RPE to guide you through the plan. The methods used in this plan have helped all of Coach Steve's athletes become some of the strongest and fastest riders in the age group triathlon ranks. Once you've started this plan, feel free to email Steve with any questions that you may have along the way!
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.