Base Triathlon 12 weeks Novice / Intermediate (English Version)
SWIMLAB / SWIMLABTEAM.ESAll plans by this Coach
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Begin with a short and gradual charge 7 h 40´ in the firts week and gain up to 11 h 55´ in the week 11 ... gain confidence and solid base for novice and masters triathletes in all the distances ....
TRAINING TIPS AND ADVICE
• Establish a regular workout routine
• If the weather is bad, train indoors but don’t skip entirely
• Ride easy on easy session days (probably easier than you think)
• By all means ride with friends but not if they destroy your training plan
• Don’t avoid the training session you are weak at; it is there for a reason!
• Don’t be tough on yourself if you have a bad session
• In each session start moderately, progress firmly and finish strong!
• Have a goal, visualize your goal and know why you are training.
• Prepare your kits the day before and carry spares
• Fueling adequately before, during and after
• Don't do anything different on the day than you did before
• Favour comfort over speed if you are new to long distances
• Draft where it is possible and legal
• Relax the last few mins before coming into transition
• Pace hills ; dont race them
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|2:29 hrs||1:00 hrs|
|2:30 hrs||1:25 hrs|
|4:21 hrs||3:15 hrs|
|0:27 hrs||0:30 hrs|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||2:29 hrs||1:00 hrs|
||2:30 hrs||1:25 hrs|
||4:21 hrs||3:15 hrs|
||0:27 hrs||0:30 hrs|