SwimGym CoachingAll plans by this Coach
SwimGym is the preferred training partner for swimmers and triathletes worldwide. Online swim training on SwimGym.com, train wherever you are. We help you improve your technique, build your fitness and achieve your goals. Our training and coaching methods are based on professional swimming and triathlon, made accessible for all levels. At SwimGym we combine technique and conditioning in every workout for fast results. Each workout includes a technique video, conditioning set and coach tips. Our training plans are focused on swimming only.
This plan is for advanced level swimmers who can swim 500 freestyle continuously at an easy pace. This might be your first Olympic Distance Triathlon and you are looking for a program to improve your swimming technique and endurance, or you already have enough experience but want to improve your performance significantly during your upcoming race.
WHAT TO EXPECT
This plan has two swim practices a week. Total distance swam in an average week is 5500 (2750 per swim practice) where the heaviest week is 7100 total and the easiest week 4100 total. Skills you will work on are Body Position, Recovery & Hand Entry, Stroke Length and Catch. The Triathlon specific skills you will work on are Sighting, Buoy Turn, Open water Start, Clearing Goggles and Swim Exit.
Week 1 -8: Volume + Speed
Week 9-16: Volume + Intensity
Week 17-21: Intensity
Week 22-24: Taper
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.