Tiffany WoodsAll plans by this Coach
This 10-week easy-to-follow training plan was designed specifically for beginner/novice triathletes training for an Olympic distance triathlon. A base level of fitness is recommended, however not required. It is recommended that athletes can swim 100-200 yards or meters prior to training, as well as having basic biking/running skills.
Each week, athletes will be given 4-6 days of structured workouts to develop skills and comfort in swimming, cycling and running. Throughout the training plan, an optional day of cross-training is offered, or this can be used as a recovery day.
Week 4 and 7 are lower in volume, as these weeks are meant as recovery weeks so that your body can adjust and recover from the training. Week 10 is called taper week, as you will reduce the workout volume and intensity so that you arrive at race day feeling fresh and energized.
If you are strong in a particular discipline, you can add to the volume and intensity of those workouts based upon your current fitness level and training.
Participants of the plan can email the plan creator, Tiffany Woods at Multisport Performance Coaching, to ask questions relevant to the plan. Thank you for choosing this training plan for your event and we wish you the best of luck!
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.