OLYMPIC 6 WEEK BASE PHASE
Ed Beech (Certified IRONMAN, TrainingPeaks & British Triathlon Federation Coach)All plans by this Coach
This Olympic Triathlon Base plan has triathletes swimming three times each week for up to 6000m, on the bike three times each week for about 3.5 hours total (including a few brick workouts), and running up to 3 hours each week.
This happy-medium plan is aimed at reasonably experienced Olympic-distance triathletes, or even very experienced sprint distance triathletes, ready to move up to the international distance. This plan is designed to help athletes develop a firm base of fitness in all 3 disciplines, in preparation for potential top-10 age group placings, on no more than 8 hours per week.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?