Nick SaundersAll plans by this Coach
• 12-week progressive plan
• There are 3 swims, 3 cycles and 4 runs on average per week.
• Structured power cycle workouts that can upload to Zwift or similar platforms
• Bike zones set using Coggan formula
• HR zones set using Joe Friel formula
• Every 4th week is a recovery week with an option to race
• One day off a week
• Detailed description of each session
• Sessions downloadable to Garmin or similar devices
The plan is progressive and builds you up to being race ready for your Standard distance triathlon. There are some challenging track and interval sessions in there to get you used to the feeling of racing as well as multiple interval bike sessions with power targets.
There are no strength sessions provided. It is recommended that you at least do functional core sessions or at least a light weights workout to help prevent injury and maintain basic strength. This should take no more than 30min. Good days to do these sessions would be a Monday, Wednesday or Friday. 2 sessions a week is adequate for strength workouts.
If you swim with a swim squad or do track sessions you can replace the swims and track sessions with your club workouts. Make sure your coach is aware of your planned race.
Good luck, if you have any questions or need the plan changed to suit your routine/race schedule email email@example.com
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?