BASE PACE TEST SET
10x100 on 5" RI
Swim 10x100 at your fastest sustainable pace on 5" rest - ideally this is swum as a send off set (e.g., 10x100 on 1:50, coming in around 1:44-1:46). Your send off can be set after your first 100 - add 7-10 seconds to your time for the first 100 to get to a round number (X:X5 or X:X0).
Upon completing your benchmark, update your bike threshold power and HR (found under TrainingPeaks Settings) using Threshold Power / Andy Coggan and Lactate Threshold / Joel Friel for Cycling. Your new threshold HR is your average HR for the 20' time trial and your threshold power (or FTP) is 95% of the average power for 20' time trial.
Run over a flat to rolling course at your base pace / Zone 1-2.
2 sets 300P, 4x50S
Find a mostly flat course with no stop signs/stop lights - or go to your local track. Warm up for 20', including 4x20" builds with 40" RI. Then complete a 30' Time Trial. Press the lap button 10' into the TT. Note the distance covered over the full 30', and your average HR for the final 20'. Cool down for 10 minutes.
WU: 5-10 min of easy, non-impact cardio
1. Ankle mobility - 15 reps each side: five to the outside (small toe), five straight, and five driving the knee in past the big toe.
2. Leg swings - ten reps each side
3. Split squats - ten reps each side
4. Lateral squats - ten reps each side
5. Rotational (diagonal) squats - ten reps each side
6. Wall slides - 15 reps
7. Monster walks with band - 15 reps each side
1. Squats - 2 sets of 10
2. Push ups - 2 sets of 10
3. Back extensions - 2 sets of 10
4. Walking lunges - 2 sets of 10 each side
5. Step ups - 2 sets of 10 each side
6. Single leg press - 2 sets of 10 each side
7. Dead lifts - 2 sets of 10
Variety of planks (pick 2-3, see link below)
CD: 5 min on foam roller attending to key muscles: glutes, hamstrings, calves, quads, hip flexors, adductors