Been There Tri-d That: 8 week Base Building for Sprint and Olympic Distance Triathlon
Laura Bruck Renzelman
This plan is for athletes who have some triathlon experience and are ready to build their training base in preparation for a summer season of strong racing. This plan is geared with athletes training for sprint and Olympic distance races Athletes should comfortably be able to swim 1500-2000 meters, run 45 minutes, and ride 60 min to start with this plan. I have also included optional swim strength workouts for those not able to access a pool on a regular basis and triathlon focused strength, and mobility sessions. For strength and mobility sessions you will need a set of heavy and light dumbbells, a mini band and a long band with handles.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.