2 x week basic swim plan
Dan HolmesAll plans by this Coach
A 12 week plan to include basic speed, endurance and open water drills.
The format of the sessions is as follows:
Week 1 = test week. Its for you to know and understand your current level, and know what speed you should be performing some of the intervals at.
Then the focus is on the following:
Weeks 2 - 6: Session 1 = basic drills; Session 2 = CSS swim speed development
Weeks 7 - 11: Session 1 = endurance development; Session 2 = Open water specific drills
Week 12 - Retest week
Some of the drills may require you to use a kick board, pull buoy and some hand paddles
Perhaps have a look at whats in the plan, and see if you understand the structure of the sessions. It might be worth printing out the sessions and putting them in a zip lock, along with an explanation of the drills, which will be attached in some of the workouts.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?