STANDARD TRIATHLON BIKE BOOST HR [WEEKDAY TURBO WEEKEND OUT] | AG / PERFORMANCE 8 WEEKS
Paul GardnerAll plans by this Coach
Sport: Triathlon Performance Bike
Includes Strength and Conditioning, Plyo, Warm ups and Cool downs
Distance | Event: Olympic Distance esp aspirations for Nationals and International Champs
Suitable for: Age Group | Performance - Weekday indoor / weekend outdoor
You will be a long-term athlete, experienced and proficient in your sport and used to training regularly but maybe with little structure or accountability. This VERY HARD programme is suitable for an athlete at the top of their game wanting marginal improvements that make a real difference or an athlete wanting to take the next step up to being one of the top performing in their sport. These performance programmes and their data driven rationale and integral fitness ramp rates will ensure you can become the best you can be with many protocols taken from the UK’s high-performance centres.
Intro week, then 8 Week Cycle Boost Plan Using HEART RATE Start anytime. First week is testing and prep week, training begins in earnest week two. Finishes with a re test in week 10. 4 sessions a week, including sub threshold sweetspot, threshold Criss cross and pro rider crit power sessions with optional weekend road ride [can be done indoors] Average Session duration 55 mins, 6 plus hours a week including longer weekend ride IF you use power please select the identical plan with 'POWER' in the title
This plan requires a degree of committment, and a willingness to suffer a little, especially the criss cross workouts. Good luck, you'll come out a much stronger cyclist. Following this programme for 4 months last year resulted on one athlete adding 58 watts to his FTP, and moving his whole zones down, so his top end before was his zone 3-4 by the end of it
What you get:
• Video introduction and Welcome, including Crit and racing tip sheet
• Full test protocols for benchmarking and improvement, plus retesting sessions
• One-minute videos on Training Peaks set up and use, plus how-to PDF
• Information on all links to connect your training device and Training Peaks+
• Access to bike power software, turbotraining.co.uk FREE until March 2018
• ALL sessions based on YOUR heart rate metrics, option to use FREE power software
• Inbuilt ‘progression’ challenge, sessions get more challenging the fitter you get
• Full illustrated guides on all strength and conditioning sessions | warm up and cool down stretches
• A plan based on your chosen way of measuring your effort and improvement
• A programme based not on hours, but on fitness progression for your chosen event
• An invitation to the closed group Racestronger Facebook pages where you can share experiences, ask questions and find out more relating to your training
All our plans offer proven results, and have been used by elites to novice level athletes in multi- discipline to single sport to achieve personal bests and outstanding performances. Race proven by the Lovetri |Swimwerkx team and hundreds of athletes worldwide. The library features full multi-discipline programmes and ‘boost’ programmes, allowing you to focus on your favourite sport or the one you want to improve the most.
All training plans on racestronger.com http://bit.ly/racestronger
All Racestronger plans on Training Peaks http://bit.ly/allplans
AG, POWER & Performance plans on racestronger.com http://bit.ly/agegroup
Bike POWER based plans on Training Peaks http://bit.ly/power_me_up
Like and Join on Facebook! http://bit.ly/racestrongerteam
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|6:16 hrs||2:10 hrs|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||6:16 hrs||2:10 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?