Bob SeeboharAll plans by this Coach
This is a great 12-week plan for the true beginner triathlete training for a Sprint Distance triathlon. It is advised to have a GPS watch as the cycling and running sessions are listed in miles and not time. You should have a baseline fitness level and be able to swim at least 1500 yards, bike at least 6 miles, and run/walk at least 1 mile before starting this plan.
Coach Bob's instructions are simple and workouts are described so you can understand them.
Swim distances range from 1500-3000 yards per workout. Cycling distances range from 6-16 miles per workout. Run distances range from 1-4 miles per workout. Because most of the plan uses training distance versus training time, hours per week will vary based on current fitness levels. Average weeks include 8-10 workouts with one day of full rest.
This plan has been created by Bob Seebohar. He was one of the first USA Triathlon Certified Level III Elite Coaches in the country (2004) and has been a USAT Certified coach since 1998. He has coached many triathletes from the beginner to the Olympian, in all distances. Bob has been a triathlete since 1995, has completed in all distances and has been a USAT All-American for many years.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.