MultiSportCoaching.co.zaAll plans by this Coach
This Training Plan is aimed at the Novice 5150 (Olympic distance) triathlete who wants to prepare to compete in an Olympic distance triathlon.
5150 Triathlon Distance = 1.5km swim, 40km bike, 10km Run
The training starts at 6 hours and 31 minutes a week and builds to a maximum of 9 hours and 28 minutes per week.
The Swim sessions are based on %CSS pace, you will need a pace clock.
The Bike sessions are based on %MHR (Max Heart Rate) so you will require a heart rate monitor.
The Run sessions are based on %MHR (Max Heart Rate) so you will require a heart rate monitor.
What is included with the training plan?
Included with this plan are sport-specific flexibility and core strengthing plans.
You will have access to our FREE training tools to help you set up your training zones accurately.
What can you expect?
This plan is 12 weeks long:
Week 1: Test Week
Weeks 2 to 11: Build and Peak Training
Week 12: Race Week
Assumptions of this Training Plan -
You already have already completed at least 12 weeks of base training.
Requirements for this plan:
For the Swim Test - 25m or 50m swimming pool
For the Bike Test - an indoor trainer or Wattbike
For the Run Test - access to a 5km running route
##Must have a heart rate monitor for Bike and Run sessions.
If you have any questions, schedule a FREE virtual consultation through our website.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.