Coach Tom, Ironman University Certified CoachAll plans by this Coach
This 16 + 1 Week Training Plan is for first timer triathlete in the Olympic Distance. It includes 16 training weeks plus 1 recovery week for transition to your next goal. This is the minimum workload that you need to complete the distance.
Choose this plan if you are fit and healthy enough to train for an Olympic Triathlon, it is recommended to experience previously the Sprint distance. The plan starts with a total of 2:30hrs week up to 5:10hrs at week 11 aproximately.
At the end of the plan you will have the fitness to complete your first Olympic distance Triathlon.
Training Plan Phases:
Preparation Phase (General) – Week 1-4
Preparation Phase (Specific) – Week 5-8
Competition Phase (Pre) – Week 9
Competition Phase (Competition) – Week 10-11
Competition Phase (Taper) – Week 12
Transition Phase - Week 13
For any additional request, please visit www.trion3.com or email me at email@example.com
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?