Ironman Louisville 12 weeks, Starts 7/23/18, Intermediate by HR, RPE, and Power - Reusable Plan
Mike Ricci USA Triathlon Coach of the Year and Elite CoachAll plans by this Coach
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
DESIRE. DETERMINATION. DISCIPLINE. Our plans get results!Author: Mike Ricci, D3 Multisport Founder, USA Triathlon Coach of the Year
- Founder, Head Coach D3 Multisport, Inc. 2000-Present
- USA Triathlon Coach of the Year and 2017 USAT World Team Coach
- USA Triathlon Elite Level 3 Coach (1 of 19 in the US)
- Coached the University of Colorado Triathlon team to 4 straight National Titles 2010-2013
- Coached multiple National Champions, Kona Qualifiers, and 1st time triathletes
- Coached the AG National Champion in 2015 and AG World Champion in 2016 (25-29 AG)
Length: 12 Weeks
This program should be used for an athlete whose goal is to race Ironman Louisville and has good fitness in the past 4-6 weeks.
Requirements: You should be able to swim at least 2000 yards, bike at least 2.5 hours and be able to run 60 minutes.
Our programs are designed for the age group triathlete who has a busy life with a full-time job, a family and / or other responsibilities. In this program, the longer workouts will be on the weekends, and the weekdays will consist of shorter workouts. There will be bike-run (or brick) workouts on most Saturdays and there will be a race simulation during this plan. During the training plan, there is testing every few weeks to assess your fitness and so you can re-adjust your Heart Rate and Power Zones if you train with a GPS/ Power device. If you don’t train with a device, that’s fine as the tests are still good training as you can measure improvement based on time and effort.
Our plans set YOU up for success. The main goal with this plan is to get you to cross the finish line happy and healthy. Mike has been coaching for 25+ years and uses that collective experience to help each individual athlete be successful at any level. His passion for the sport and wisdom gained from coaching thousands of athletes goes into designing a plan. He has taken the guesswork out of training with this plan, and looks forward to helping you too.
We leave no stone unturned in helping you reach your goals. Purchase of this plan includes:
- A weekly training tip video in your plan.
- D3 'Terminology' and 'Determining Heart Rate and Power Zones' documents
- Instructional Videos in all 3 sports
- Strength training and core workouts with accompanying videos
- Inclusion in Team D3 and access to our private Facebook group to ask our coaches questions
If you have questions email Coach Mike and learn how we get it done for our athletes: www.D3Multisport.com
IRONMAN®, IRONMAN 70.3® and IRONMAN Triathlon® are registered trademarks of World Triathlon Corporation (WTC).
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|2:59 hrs||1:35 hrs|
|6:58 hrs||6:30 hrs|
|3:47 hrs||2:30 hrs|
|0:47 hrs||0:45 hrs|
|0:05 hrs||1:00 hrs|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||2:59 hrs||1:35 hrs|
||6:58 hrs||6:30 hrs|
||3:47 hrs||2:30 hrs|
||0:47 hrs||0:45 hrs|
||0:05 hrs||1:00 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- Heart Rate Monitor