This "Polarized Iron Distance Triathlon Training" plan is based on the healthy training concepts that Ben Greenfield teaches in his book "Beyond Training" and also in the article at http://www.bengreenfieldfitness.com/2013/03/best-ways-to-build-endurance/
It relies on the 80/20 principle, Maffetone style training, and an emphasis on high quality aerobic efficiency and economy to allow for optimum endurance building and Iron distance triathlon preparation without doing lasting damage to the body.
This 24 week (6 month) plan is perfect if you are a beginner to advanced triathlete who has ample amounts of time to train (15-30 hours per week), would rather focus on long distance training rather than high intensity intervals, and also want to ensure you stay completely healthy in the process of pursuing your endurance goals.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.