Vision Quest CoachingAll plans by this Coach
This is an full-distance triathlon training plan for beginner athletes looking to complete their first full-length event. It is recommended that athletes start this plan following 6-8 weeks of consistent endurance training in all three sports.
Key features of this plan will be a weekday intensity ride, short post-ride transition runs and long weekend workouts for both bike and run. Volume progresses throughout the plan and includes built-in rest weeks. The highest training volume will occur in weeks 9-11 and 13-15.
A half-distance race is also recommended around week 12 to help hone your race strategy. Look for events that will fall 6-8 weeks before your key race. If there is not a suitable race event, you can simulate the race as a training session instead.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.