Tri - Beginner Full-Distance Triathlon Plan (19 weeks)
Vision Quest CoachingAll plans by this Coach
This is an full-distance triathlon training plan for beginner athletes looking to complete their first full-length event. It is recommended that athletes start this plan following 6-8 weeks of consistent endurance training in all three sports.
Key features of this plan will be a weekday intensity ride, short post-ride transition runs and long weekend workouts for both bike and run. Volume progresses throughout the plan and includes built-in rest weeks. The highest training volume will occur in weeks 9-11 and 13-15.
A half-distance race is also recommended around week 12 to help hone your race strategy. Look for events that will fall 6-8 weeks before your key race. If there is not a suitable race event, you can simulate the race as a training session instead.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|2:01 hrs||3:00 hrs|
|1:53 hrs||1:00 hrs|
|3:06 hrs||3:00 hrs|
Day Off x1
|3:33 hrs||6:30 hrs|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||2:01 hrs||3:00 hrs|
||1:53 hrs||1:00 hrs|
||3:06 hrs||3:00 hrs|
||3:33 hrs||6:30 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?