Vision Quest CoachingAll plans by this Coach
This is an full-distance triathlon training plan for intermediate and advanced athletes who have an existing endurance base (6-10 hrs per week combined training time in all three sports) and are looking to improve on previous race performances. Key features of this plan will be short post-ride transition runs, mid-week long runs, and back-to-back weekend riding days. Volume progresses throughout the plan and includes built-in rest weeks. The highest training volume will occur in weeks 9-11 and 13-15. Two suggested race-prep events (an Olympic-distance and half-distance race) are also recommended, but these can done as a workout as well if you do not intend to race outside of your primary event.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.