First Time Ironman Triathlon Training Plan - Intermediate - (24 weeks)
Hypercat Racing, Rachel Sears CasantaAll plans by this Coach
This 24 week program is geared to the athlete who is ready to tackle the Ironman distance. This program is best suited to the athlete who has previously completed some sprint, olympic and half ironman distance triathlons. The training volume ranges from a low of 8 hours per week during recovery week to a peak volume of approximately 17 hours. The training frequency (number of workouts per week) is fairly evenly split between swim, bike and run. However, the overall training volume is heaviest on the bike to help athletes prepare most optimally for the rigors of the Ironman distance. There is a fair amount of choice and flexibility for the athlete who follows this Hypercat training program which makes it perfect for the self-coached athlete. For the budget conscious athlete, you may want to purchase this plan directly at www.hypercat.com
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|2:41 hrs||1:30 hrs|
|3:17 hrs||2:45 hrs|
|5:32 hrs||6:30 hrs|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||2:41 hrs||1:30 hrs|
||3:17 hrs||2:45 hrs|
||5:32 hrs||6:30 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?