Scott IottAll plans by this Coach
This is a 23 week Ironman Training Plan designed for Ironman Coeur d'Alene and the use of a power meter. Athletes should be able to make the swim cutoff time (2.5 hours), run 40 minutes without stopping and ride 2 hours consecutively before starting this training program. Weekly hours range from 10-15, with the average at about 13. Included in each week are three swims, three runs, and three bikes. The longer brick workout is written for Saturday and the long run on Sunday.
This plan takes a balanced approach to training and uses the philosophy of linear periodization. There is a base phase followed by a build phase then a two week taper phase. The two biggest determiners in successfully completing an Ironman are bike and run performance as a result these two sports are a key focus in this plan.
This plan can accomadate an athlete who uses a power meter on the bike and HR monitor, GPS watch or feel on the run.
Attached is a document that details training terms and definitions. Feel free to contact Scott Iott at email@example.com if you have any questions. Happy Training!!
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.