This is a 24 week Full Distance training plan that I designed for Intermediate to Advanced level athletes (even those wanting to be competitive in their age group and qualify for World Championships), incorporating many of my training and programming principles as well as exact, key sessions that I consistently used in my own specific race preparation.
The plan ranges from approximately 8-20hr per week of training time, depending on the training phase (with the average weekly time for the entire program being 14hr per week) and is suitable for a range of athlete abilities, as training intensities are prescribed using Rate of Perceived Exertion (RPE), Functional Threshold Power (FTP) and Heart Rate (HR) to individualise the plan.
The sessions are accompanied by a description, important notes and training tips or key focus areas/points.
Prior to starting this plan, you should be able to complete 30min of swimming, 2hr of cycling and 1hr of running. These would be the base requirements to maximise and get the most out of this training plan.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.