Greg GrandgeorgeAll plans by this Coach
The American Triple T XT is an interesting event, composed of four triathlons over three days. There's a super-sprint on Friday night, two Olympic races on Saturday (with the second being bike, swim, run), and then a half-distance triathlon on Sunday... adding up to a full-distance triathlon distance event over the three days.
This training plan is a 22-week plan and is designed for the specific challenges of the ATT XT race. The course is hilly, and the races tend to be at a higher intensity than you'd get for a traditional full-distance triathlon race. As such, this training plan has been designed for these factors, and includes ATT specific double-day workouts to better prepare you for the unique format.
This training plan utilizes power-based workouts for the bike, and pace-based workouts for the swim and run. You will need a power meter for this plan, and HR can be helpful for additional guidance. This plan assumes you have a base level of triathlon fitness, with around 90 minutes of swimming, 3.5 hours of cycling and 2 hours of running per week, for the 4-6 weeks leading up to the plan start.
* Note that the swim workouts are based on distances, so these times shown on the average swim or total weekly volume is without the swimming. Add 1.75 to 2.75 hours to the weekly duration shown to get a better estimate of weekly hours for this plan. The peak week is between 15-16 hours for most athletes.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.