12 week Ironman Training Plan-BASE period with POWER, 11-15 hrs/week
Scott IottAll plans by this Coach
This is a 12 week Ironman BASE Training Plan. Athletes should be able to run at least for 45 minutes, bike for 2 hours, and be able to make the swim cut off time prior to beginning this program. Each week there are three swims, four runs, and three bikes with Mondays being a recovery day. Weekly hours are between 11-15.
The first week of this plan calls for field testing. Athletes will use these tests to set their training zones. You will be able to use this plan with pace or power meter. A second round of field testing will happen in the 9th week of training.
This plan calls for a weekly brick workout on Saturday's and a long run on Sunday's. Longest ride is 6 hours and the longest run is 2.5 hours.
Included with the training plan is a document that defines all the training terms. Happy Training!
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|3:44 hrs||2:30 hrs|
|2:52 hrs||1:19 hrs|
|4:24 hrs||4:30 hrs|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||3:44 hrs||2:30 hrs|
||2:52 hrs||1:19 hrs|
||4:24 hrs||4:30 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?