17 Week Middle/Long Distance Triathlon Plan
Tom CoolingAll plans by this Coach
This plan is your go to 17 week plan to thoroughly prepare you for your best middle/ long distance triathlon performance.
The plan is built around a 3 week focussed block followed by a consolidation or rest week. Each mesocycle is broken down into 2 or 3 day training microcycles to ensure adequate rest and opportunity for training adaptation.
This training plan covers every element of your cycling and running performance to get you in peak shape.
Swimming sessions are planned but due to the individualistic needs of different swimmers, only a suggested duration swim is included. This is perfect if you already swim with a triathlon club.
To successfully complete this plan you will need access to a bicycle computer, heart rate monitor and a running watch. To get the most out of it a power meter on your bike and an indoor trainer would be hugely beneficial.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?