Nick SaundersAll plans by this Coach
This 10 week training plan is to be used in conjunction with a Garmin GPS multisport device or devices. The plan is written so that each session is easy to understand and can be uploaded to your device so your device acts as your coach for each session, guiding you through every step.
The plan is intended to be used as a starting point and is meant to be flexible, so move sessions and days around to fit in with your life when you need to, but try to avoid cramming too many hard sessions back to back. If you don’t have enough time to complete a full session, go out and do what you can. A 10-minute run is better than no run at all and it reminds the body what you are training for.
This plan assumes the athlete is starting from a low to medium aerobic base of fitness. The athlete should have at least completed a Half IM distance race but it is not essential. Nutrition during training is important in the longer distance races so make sure you have a nutrition product that you will try out during training that you intend to use on race day. This can be in the form of solids, gels or liquid.
Aim to be as consistent as possible. Consistency is the key to athletic improvement. Take the long view: you won’t develop much in a week but you can progress a lot in 10 weeks.
Good luck and enjoy the journey.
If you have any questions email email@example.com
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.