IRONMAN IRELAND (Cork) 2021 36 week beginner POWER based plan includes Coach email access
Steven Moody, Triathlon Ireland Coach of the year, Training Peak and Ironman U certifiedAll plans by this Coach
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Steve's plan takes away all the science, mathematics and preparation that a triathlete with a full-time job just doesn't have time for. Once the testing phase is done, each session is is concisely described, training zones set and drills presented via video links etc. where appropriate.
Having debated throwing a few quid at a properly structured, proven plan for the price of a decent pair of runners, I now couldn't recommend highly enough. Absolutely fantastic value for money
Click here to read my growing list of testimonials from satisfied clients
Who is this plan for?
This 36 week plan is designed to help a beginner triathlete build their fitness to be ready to tackle IRONMAN Cork on 15th August 2021, that uses power to guide their efforts on the bike.
To be successful with this plan you should have at least a year of triathlon experience including completing an Olympic/international distance race to date.
Base or fitness/stamina development = 20 weeks
Build or race specific training = 14 weeks
Taper or readying yourself for race day = 2 week
3 week progression:1 week recovery cycle
What do you get in this plan?
• EXCLUSIVE access to specific mail list that will include regular course specific hints and tips (including finalized Rouvy file of actual course)
• Discount on planned training weeks in early June and July
• FREE 30 day access to training peaks premium subscription
• FREE strength and conditioning guide
• Unlimited email access to the author
• Training zones using feel, heart rate or pace
• Includes test sessions to map out your specific zones and monitor/re-evaluate throughout phases of plan
• Includes race specific sessions such as bricks and open water swimming sets
• Session details up-loadable to Garmin Connect, Trainer Road, Rouvy and/or Zwift from compatible device
• Ability to re-use your plan as many times as you require
Kick off Emails During checkout, you can check a box to share your email address. By selecting this – this helps me send you an introduction/kick off email with hints/tips and your free 30 day Training Peaks premium coupon. It also gives you access to the best email to ask any questions you have on your training journey!
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|0:23 hrs||0:10 hrs|
|3:01 hrs||2:42 hrs|
|5:05 hrs||7:00 hrs|
|1:39 hrs||1:20 hrs|
Day Off x1
|0:28 hrs||0:30 hrs|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||0:23 hrs||0:10 hrs|
||3:01 hrs||2:42 hrs|
||5:05 hrs||7:00 hrs|
||1:39 hrs||1:20 hrs|
||0:28 hrs||0:30 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter