14 weeks Iron-Distance Base Training
Pedro GomesAll plans by this Coach
A rock solid plan of 14 weeks leading up to 140.6 racing, designed and tweaked for intermediate to advanced athletes. This plan has been elaborated and backed up by years of experience at the highest level in the sport of triathlon as a professional athlete and under the guidance and mentorship of world class coaches.
During this 14-weeks you will build endurance and durability, develop strength and economy movement and create a bulletproof base of fitness for your best performance at long distance triathlon events.
On week one I explain how to calculate your training zones and you may choose to engage into the program using only heart rate as a metric for both running and cycling or pair running heart rate with the powermeter on the bike.
Basic equipment for swimming - swim paddles, pull buoy, band, fins - is used and while most workouts are prescribed to be done outdoors, you can easily do them indoors as well.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|4:23 hrs||1:39 hrs|
|3:41 hrs||1:30 hrs|
|8:45 hrs||5:00 hrs|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||4:23 hrs||1:39 hrs|
||3:41 hrs||1:30 hrs|
||8:45 hrs||5:00 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?