INTERMEDIATE IRONMAN 42 week plan, email access to Coach, reusable,POWER [Bike] & HR [Run]
Steven Moody, Triathlon Ireland Coach of the year, Training Peak and Ironman U certifiedAll plans by this Coach
Steve’s plan takes away all the science, mathematics and preparation that a triathlete with a full-time job just doesn’t have time for. Once the testing phase is done, each session is is concisely described, training zones set and drills presented via video links etc. where appropriate. For bike sessions I don’t need to know any more than I have a bike session today, once I fire up Zwift, some black-magic means Steve’s session is already there in front of me and ERG means I’m training at exactly the prescribed power throughout, brilliant!
Click here to read my growing list of testimonials from satisfied clients
This 42 week plan is designed for an Intermediate athlete who has between 7 - 14 hours available to train for their IRONMAN guided by power on the bike.
Each swim/cycle/run session is clearly laid out in terms of what the athlete needs to do and when best to do the sessions either by pace, HR and/or power as appropriate.
Base or fitness/stamina development = 22 weeks
Build or race specific training = 18 weeks
Taper or readying yourself for race day = 2 week
3 week progression:1 week recovery cycle
What do you get in this plan?
• FREE 30 day access to training peaks premium subscription
• FREE strength and conditioning guide
• EXCLUSIVE access to SMartEnduro knowledge base with articles on how to better manage training, tri-life balance and racing performances
• Unlimited email access to the author
• Training zones using feel, heart rate and power
• Includes test sessions to map out your specific zones and monitor/re-evaluate throughout plan
• Includes race specific sessions such as bricks and open water swimming sets
• Session details up-loadable to Garmin Connect, Trainer Road, Rouvy and Zwift from compatible device
• Ability to re-use your plan as many times as you require
Kick off Emails During checkout, you can check a box to share your email address. By selecting this – this helps me send you an introduction/kick off email with hints/tips and your free 30 day Training Peaks premium coupon. It also gives you access to the best email to ask any questions you have on your training journey!
Not the right plan for you?
Click here to use my training plan finder to find a plan that might better suit your needs.
I want you to be set for success with a plan that is right for you. So, if after the first few weeks of training, you feel over/under challenged by the training load - I will switch you free of charge to an equivalent plan from the Beginner/Intermediate or Advanced plans from my catalog.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|3:07 hrs||2:48 hrs|
|6:10 hrs||6:40 hrs|
|2:16 hrs||1:30 hrs|
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||3:07 hrs||2:48 hrs|
||6:10 hrs||6:40 hrs|
||2:16 hrs||1:30 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?