BEGINNER IRONMAN 30 week plan, Coach email access, reusable, POWER [bike] & HR [Run]
Steven Moody, Triathlon Ireland Coach of the year, Training Peak and Ironman U certifiedAll plans by this Coach
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
I found Coach Steve's plans to be bang on the money - clearly laid out and always challenging me week on week. For once I rally trained with my power meter with easy to follow instructions and it made such a difference race day
This 30 week plan is designed for an Beginner athlete who has between 6 - 14 hours available to train for their IRONMAN guided by power on the bike.
Each swim/cycle/run session is clearly laid out in terms of what the athlete needs to do and when best to do the sessions either by pace, HR and/or power as appropriate.
Base or fitness/stamina development = 14 weeks
Build or race specific training = 14 weeks
Taper or readying yourself for race day = 2 week
3 week progression:1 week recovery cycle
What do you get in this plan?
• FREE 30 day access to training peaks premium subscription
• FREE strength and conditioning guide
• EXCLUSIVE access to SMartEnduro knowledge base with articles on how to better manage training, tri-life balance and racing performances
• Unlimited email access to the author
• Training zones using feel, heart rate and power
• Includes test sessions to map out your specific zones and monitor/re-evaluate throughout plan
• Includes race specific sessions such as bricks and open water swimming sets
• Session details up-loadable to Garmin Connect, Trainer Road, Rouvy and Zwift from compatible device
• Ability to re-use your plan as many times as you require
Kick off Emails During checkout, you can check a box to share your email address. By selecting this – this helps me send you an introduction/kick off email with hints/tips and your free 30 day Training Peaks premium coupon. It also gives you access to the best email to ask any questions you have on your training journey!
Not the right plan for you?
Click here to use my training plan finder to find a plan that might better suit your needs.
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|2:25 hrs||1:30 hrs|
|2:58 hrs||2:36 hrs|
|5:34 hrs||6:40 hrs|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||2:25 hrs||1:30 hrs|
||2:58 hrs||2:36 hrs|
||5:34 hrs||6:40 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- Heart Rate Monitor