ADVANCED IRONMAN 16 week base/maintenance plan (50yrs+), Coach email access, reusable, HR based
Steven Moody, Triathlon Ireland Coach of the year, Training Peak and Ironman U certifiedAll plans by this Coach
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
AS SUCH THIS PLAN WILL ALLOW YOU MAINTAIN FITNESS & BUILD STRENGTH UNTIL YOU ARE ABLE TO RETURN TO A RACE SPECIFIC PLAN
HAPPY TO OFFER FREE ADVICE ON HOW TO DO THIS AT THE TIME VIA EMAIL
IN ADDITION, AS PART OF YOUR KICK OFF EMAIL, I WILL INCLUDE SWIM SPECIFIC SWIM REPLACEMENT STRENGTH EXERCISES THAT CAN BE DONE AT HOME IN CASE YOU HAVE NO ACCESS TO A POOL
Click here to read my growing list of testimonials from satisfied clients
Base Training is where we develop your endurance/stamina. If you were a car – think of this phase as making the engine!
This 16 week plan will help any advanced triathlete prepare for their IRONMAN a few months down the line based on 7 - 12 hours training a week.
It is specifically designed for athletes over 50 years of age - as it uses a 2:1 recovery cycle and additional rest days that should minimize risk of over training injuries
Base or fitness/stamina development = 16 weeks
2 week progression:1 week recovery cycle
What do you get in this plan?
• FREE 30 day access to training peaks premium subscription
• FREE strength and conditioning guide
• EXCLUSIVE access to SMartEnduro knowledge base with articles on how to better manage training, tri-life balance and racing performances
• Unlimited email access to the author
• Training zones using feel, heart rate or pace
• Includes test sessions to map out your specific zones and monitor/re-evaluate throughout plan
• Includes race specific sessions such as bricks and open water swimming sets
• Session details up-loadable to Garmin Connect, Trainer Road, Rouvy and/or Zwift from compatible device
• Ability to re-use your plan as many times as you require
Kick off Emails During checkout, you can check a box to share your email address. By selecting this – this helps me send you an introduction/kick off email with hints/tips and your free 30 day Training Peaks premium coupon. It also gives you access to the best email to ask any questions you have on your training journey!
Not the right plan for you?
Click here to use my training plan finder to find a plan that might better suit your needs.
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|3:08 hrs||2:24 hrs|
|6:10 hrs||4:48 hrs|
|2:19 hrs||1:00 hrs|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||3:08 hrs||2:24 hrs|
||6:10 hrs||4:48 hrs|
||2:19 hrs||1:00 hrs|