24-week First IRONMAN®️ Distance Triathlon Program (Based on Power)
Coach Stephan Weyers (Wingman Coaching)All plans by this Coach
- Your first Ironman!
- Program for athletes with average ability in cycling, swimming and running
- Cycling intervals are guided using Watts (need power meter on bike)
- Running is Heart Rate and Pace guided
This results proven 24-week program is perfect for athletes who want to enter their first Ironman
The program includes a Test Week in order to set your training zones and e-mail support if you have questions.
The program starts with around 8 training hours per week and peaks at 16 hours during the HELL WEEK before the tapering start. Most weeks have between 10-12 hours of training.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|4:51 hrs||6:00 hrs|
|2:29 hrs||2:20 hrs|
|1:26 hrs||0:50 hrs|
Day Off x1
|0:24 hrs||0:45 hrs|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||4:51 hrs||6:00 hrs|
||2:29 hrs||2:20 hrs|
||1:26 hrs||0:50 hrs|
||0:24 hrs||0:45 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?