226 INTERMEDIATE Full Distance Fitness Build Triathlon Plan
Pinnacle MultisportAll plans by this Coach
This plan in intended for the triathlete looking to build fitness before a race specific plan leading up to a 140.6 race. To start this plan you should already be capable of swimming 1 hour, biking 90 minutes and running 1 hour. The emphasis in the first 8 weeks of this plan is on running. In the last 4 weeks the emphasis shifts toward the bike. Each week there are 3 swims, 2-5 rides, 4-5 runs and 1-2 strength workouts. Weekly volume increases from 12 to 17 hours. The exception is in R&R weeks every fourth week when training is greatly reduced for 4-5 days culminating with self-testing. These R&R weeks will allow for adaptation and improved performance.
By the end of the 12 weeks you will have excellent base fitness and be ready to start the race specific plan to your A-priority, 140.6 race.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?