2020 Ironman Arizona - First Time Ironman - Starts 6/8/20 - 24 Weeks
Joan Scrivanich , MA, CSCSAll plans by this Coach
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Designed for: First time Ironman athletes with triathlon experience.
Created by: Exercise Physiologist & Coach Joan Scrivanich who holds an advanced degree in Exercise Physiology from Columbia University. Her certifications also include the industry-leading Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) certification, USA Track & Field Level 2 Endurance certification, and USA Triathlon Level 2 Endurance certification, and Ironman.
Joan has been an endurance athlete for 30 years and has experience training & racing for many races, including Ironman races, marathons, and countless other triathlons, road races, and trail races. She was a Division I college athlete in Cross Country and Track and began her lifelong athletic career as a kid swimming for a top ranked local swim team.
- Access to our Member-Only Resources Area for the athlete information guide, zone chart, and other training information.
- E-mail support is available to answer your questions regarding the plan.
- An Athlete Guide & description document explaining your upcoming workouts and training (available in the Member Resource Area)
- A Zone Chart explaining effort/zones/intensity levels for reference with the workouts.
- Monthly informational newsletter
- Access to our private Facebook group.
You will get in all your key workouts while supplementing your training with strength training, days off, and active recovery days.
Before starting: Before starting this plan, you should be able to comfortably run for 1:00 hour, swim 1500 yds, and bike 1:30 hour. The weekly volume of the plan starts at 6:00 for the first week and peaks at 15:00.
I look forward to helping you reach your potential.
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|3:06 hrs||2:30 hrs|
|5:02 hrs||5:30 hrs|
|1:56 hrs||1:25 hrs|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||3:06 hrs||2:30 hrs|
||5:02 hrs||5:30 hrs|
||1:56 hrs||1:25 hrs|