Mark SaroniAll plans by this Coach
Winning is a Mindset Not a Spot on the Podium
Our Advanced Iron Distance training is built to help experienced athletes achieve their peak performance and qualify for World Championship events. An athlete attempting this plan should already have 2 or more years in the sport & be able to train 12-15 hours a week without getting injured or overtrained.
"As far as the program is concerned, I could not be happier. I can honestly say that I am race ready not just to finish but to PR. I can literally see improvement not just in my speed but in how I feel and how confident I am. A full IM is a long race and lots of things can happen. Should I not hit my target time, it won't be because of the plan but because of my own race execution."
- Increased swim emphasis so that advanced age groupers can come out of the water in 1st or 2nd pack
- Lots of pace specificity in long rides & runs
- 2 training sessions most days
- Consistent strength training throughout plan
- Must be able to ride 3-4 hours & run 90+ minutes from the start
- HR monitor
- GPS smart watch
- Swim paddles, pull buoy, & fins
- Access to gym or basic strength equipment
The Ideal Athlete for this Plan Will:
- Have been racing for 2+ years & completed multiple half & at least 1 full triathlon
- Already be finishing top 20 in AG & want to improve on that ranking
- Have a work & family schedule that allows them to train & RECOVER from 15-20 hours per week
Recommended Prior to Starting
- FOUNDATION Plan
- Unlimited athlete-initiated email support
- Workout exports to Garmin, Zwift, & other platforms
📩 Additional Information
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?