Alison Freeman: USAT Level II Endurance, IRONMAN®, & TrainingPeaks Level 2 Certified Triathlon CoachAll plans by this Coach
STRUCTURED PLANS. PROVEN RESULTS.
Coach Alison’s plans are designed to set you up for success! She incorporates training strategies with proven success to ensure that your fitness is where it needs to be when you toe the start line. Don’t spend your time worrying about whether you’re training correctly - put your trust in the plan so all you need to worry about is executing.
About the Plan:
This 24 week program is a Beginner/Intermediate Plan for 140.6 athletes. This plan is a good fit if you have successfully completed at least one 70.3-distance race in less than 6:30 OR have successfully completed at least one 140.6-distance race in less than 14:30 prior to beginning this plan, and you are looking for more than just to finish the event.
A typical week has 3 swims, 3 bikes, 3 runs, and 2 strength sessions. Your days off are Mondays, your long rides are on Saturdays, and your long runs are on Sundays. There are bike-run (brick) workouts on most Saturdays beginning with week 9. Two race simulation days are included in weeks 16 and 20. There are benchmark workouts in weeks 5 and 13 to update your training zones.
Workout Distances & Durations:
Prior to starting this plan, you should have a good base of an average of 7-9 hours of weekly training for the past four weeks.
The first week of the plan includes 7 hours 40 minutes of training, plus two 30 minute strength sessions:
- 5000 yards/meters of swimming / 2100 yards/meters as your longest swim
- 3 hours of cycling / 1 hour 15 minutes as your longest bike
- 2 hours 25 minutes of running / 1 hour as your longest run
You will build in your max week to 18 hours of training, plus two 30 minute strength sessions:
- 9000 yards/meters of swimming / 4350 yards/meters as your longest swim
- 8 hours 45 minutes of cycling / 6 hours as your longest bike
- 5 hours 40 minutes of running / 2 hours 30 minutes as your longest run
All Workouts Are Structured Workouts!
The plan uses the TrainingPeaks structured workout feature, providing precise workout details including pace or heart rate targets for all segments/intervals within each workout. These workouts can be easily imported into devices, including most Garmin multisport watches and bike computers. See the Structured Workout Help Page for more information.
A Website Just for Coach Alison’s Athletes!
Coach Alison’s website, linked within the training plan, provides a wide range of information for her athletes. From training zones to understanding TrainingPeaks data to fueling guidelines to Zwift routes, her website is a resource that will support your training journey from start to finish.
Email Coach Alison.
IRONMAN® and IRONMAN 70.3® are registered trademarks of World Triathlon Corporation (WTC).
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.