Nine Month "Competer" Long-Distance Training Plan Part One: Weeks 1-12
Christopher BaggAll plans by this Coach
This plan will provide the base period for an athlete hoping to tackle a long-distance triathlon. All three parts of the plan will add up to nine months, but this part covers the first 12-weeks of training.
Equipment (required): HR-monitor, and Tempo Trainer Pro
Equipment (really nice): power meter
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|3:07 hrs||2:00 hrs|
|5:38 hrs||3:00 hrs|
|2:20 hrs||1:00 hrs|
|1:05 hrs||1:00 hrs|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||3:07 hrs||2:00 hrs|
||5:38 hrs||3:00 hrs|
||2:20 hrs||1:00 hrs|
||1:05 hrs||1:00 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?