BEGINNER IRONMAN 40 week (50 yrs+) plan includes email access to Coach, reusable, HR based
Steven Moody, Triathlon Ireland Coach of the year, Training Peaks and Ironman U certifiedAll plans by this Coach
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
“Great help, and very quick responses to specific problems and issues. Really good service, that I would highly recommend! ”
Click here to read my growing list of testimonials from satisfied clients
This 40 week plan is designed for an beginner athlete who has between 6 - 14 hours available to train for their IRONMAN.
It is specifically designed for athletes over 50 years of age - as it uses a 2:1 recovery cycle that should minimize risk of over training injuries
Each swim/cycle/run session is clearly laid out in terms of what the athlete needs to do and when best to do the sessions and is based primarily on HR zones that the athlete should train in.
Base or fitness/stamina development = 20 weeks
Build or race specific training = 18 weeks
Taper or readying yourself for race day = 2 week
2 week progression:1 week recovery cycle
What do you get in this plan?
• FREE 30 day access to training peaks premium subscription
• FREE strength and conditioning guide
• EXCLUSIVE access to SMartEnduro knowledge base with articles on how to better manage training, tri-life balance and racing performances
• Unlimited email access to the author
• Training zones using feel, heart rate or pace
• Includes test sessions to map out your specific zones and monitor/re-evaluate throughout plan
• Includes race specific sessions such as bricks and open water swimming sets
• Session details up-loadable to Garmin Connect, Trainer Road, Rouvy and/or Zwift from compatible device
• Ability to re-use your plan as many times as you require
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|2:54 hrs||2:36 hrs|
|2:07 hrs||1:30 hrs|
|5:00 hrs||6:45 hrs|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||2:54 hrs||2:36 hrs|
||2:07 hrs||1:30 hrs|
||5:00 hrs||6:45 hrs|