Scott IottAll plans by this Coach
This is a 22 week POWER BASED Ironman Training Plan designed for the athlete who has a full time job and may be time limited. This plan is for athletes who use a power meter such as a PowerTap, SRM, Quarq or IBike. It is geared towards someone who wants to complete the Ironman. Weekly hours range from 10 to a maximum of 13. Intensity is increased since the average weekly volume is decreased. Included in each week are three swims, three runs, and three bikes. The longer brick workout is written for Saturday and the long run on Sunday.
This plan takes the approach of completion as the main goal of the Ironman. The two biggest determiners in successfully completing an Ironman are bike and run performance as a result these two sports are a key focus in this plan. Because this is plan is designed for someone who has limited time, other disciplines may not be focused on as heavily.
Attached is a document that details training terms and definitions. Feel free to contact Scott Iott at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions. Happy Training!!
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?