Full Distance Training Plan - 17 week build and peak phases
17 week training plan which covers the build and peak periods for a full distance (140.6) triathlon.
I used this programme myself successfully at Vichy in 2018 for a sub 10:30 finish time.
You will need to be capable of running for 90 mins and cycling for 3hrs prior to starting this programme and should have ideally completed 8-12 weeks of preparation /base training before starting this programme.
The programme includes 4 week blocks which include a half marathon, middle distance prep race and also 'metric days' or 'big' weekends which aim to replicate the cumulative fatigue of racing at this distance.
The volume is not as high as you may see in other programmes but each workout is specific to training for the distance by using power and heart rate zones, and importantly and allows some valuable family time instead of junk hours, remember you need their support as much as you need the training!
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.