Dave JimenezAll plans by this Coach
Using TrainerRoad Workouts - Mid Volume
The mid-volume version of the Full Distance Triathlon Base plan has triathletes swimming three times each week for up to 9000m, on the bike 4 times each week for barely over 9 hours during the peak riding week (including a few brick workouts) and running just over 4 hours during the peak-volume running week.
The aim with this intermediate-volume plan is to push experienced full-distance triathletes to new heights and help transitioning half-distance triathletes make the jump to ultra-endurance distances via sufficient base fitness in all 3 disciplines, all in 17 weekly training hours or less.
Note: Double-day workouts can be done in any order and separated by as little or as much time as you choose as long as you can keep the quality of both workouts high.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?