13 week Ironman Training Plan-BASE period, 11-17 hrs/week
Scott IottAll plans by this Coach
This is a 13 week Ironman BASE Training Plan. Athletes should be able to run at least for 45 minutes, bike for 2 hours, and be able to make the swim cut off time prior to beginning this program. Each week there are three swims, four runs, and three bikes with Mondays being a recovery day. Weekly hours are between 11-17.
The first week of this plan calls for field testing. Athletes will use these tests to set their training zones. You will be able to use this plan with a heart rate monitor, pace or power meter, or simply training by feel. A second round of field testing will happen in the 9th week of training.
This plan calls for a weekly brick workout on Saturday's and a long run on Sunday's. Longest ride is 6 hours and the longest run is 2.5 hours.
Included with the training plan is a document that defines all the training terms. Happy Training!
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?