Raymond BoardmanAll plans by this Coach
“Training for excellence, with excellent training.”
When you cross the finish line of your Iron-distance event, you will have accomplished something very special.
Designed for Intermediate triathletes who are looking to complete an Iron-distance event faster than previously, the primary goal of this training plan is to prepare you to COMPLETE YOUR event FASTER than before.
Crafted by myself, Ray Boardman PGDipSportsMed, PGDipRehab, PGCertSc (Exercise Science), BSc (Anatomy), DipSportsStudies this plan encapsulates my passion for the sport, my experience from completing dozens of Half and Full IRON-distance finishes and my success coaching hundreds of triathletes.
Starting 12 weeks before an Iron-distance event, this plan progresses through phases to build you to your peak performance. Each week typically contains 3x swims, 2x bike rides 2x runs, 1x Brick (Bike/Run simulation) and a flexibility session. This programme is designed around using a Heart Rate monitor for the bike training and a GPS watch using pace for the run workouts.
Prior to using this plan, you should be able to complete the following workouts:
- Swim: 2,000 meters or yards continuously, 3,000 metres or yards total within a workout
- Bike: 3:30hrs continuously
- Run: 90min continuously
Purchase of this plan gives you access to my fortnightly coaching calls where you can ask me any training or racing related questions.
Training for another race distance? I also have training plans for IRON-distance Triathlons (3.8km Swim/180km Bike/42km Run) and Sprint & Olympic Triathlons plus Running Races (from 5k to marathon), too.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?