Browse More Plans
Iron distance Advanced 32 Weeks
Rob WilbyAll plans by this Coach
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
What Does Your Training Plan Include?
- All training sessions built on the proven principles of the T.I.M.E. Training System
- Weekly Guidance Notes on how to restructure your training week should you need to, as well as clear session priorities if you are particularly short on time.
- Links to useful resources - from explanations of FTP tests, to online run paces calculators, to swim drill videos
- T: Testing Regular testing of improvement and ability across all disciplines to ensure all training sessions are completed at the optimal intensity
- I: Intelligent Intensity Every single session in this plan will tell you to swim / bike / run at very precise intensities relative to your ability. This ensures that you'll see the maximum progress in the shortest amount of time
- M: Mindset This training plan will bring significant improvements quickly. Combined with being designed with realism and achieveability in mind, this training plan will ensure you're no longer worrying about whether you're doing the right training. And in turn, your confidence and enjoyment will skyrocket - which is hugely important come raceday
- E: Effective Effort Every single minute of prescribed training in this plan is designed to provide the biggest possible progress towards your goal. Training time comes at a premium, so you can't afford to be training ineffectively.
- "Official Coaching Partner" of the Outlaw series of triathlons
- Runner up in the 2018 "220 Triathlon Coach of the Year" awards
- Founder of Team Oxygenaddict and creator of the T.I.M.E. Training System
- Has coached hundreds of age-groupers to half-iron & Iron-distance success
- British Triathlon "Coach Educator & Assessor" - developing the next generation of triathlon coaches in the UK.
- Host of the popular "Oxygenaddict Triathlon Podcast"
- Speaker alongside Joe Friel and Chrissie Wellington at the Training Peaks Global Endurance summit in 2018
The T.I.M.E. Training System
This training plan has been designed following the principles of the T.I.M.E. Training System. Developed by Coach Rob Wilby & Team Oxygenaddict, this half-iron & Iron-distance training methodology is being used by age-group athletes all over the world with incredible success. It has been developed specifically to enable busy age-groupers to consistently deliver outstanding performances even if they have hectic work and family lives that result in limited, unpredictable training time.
The T.I.M.E. Training System that this training plan is based on is made up of 4 pillars:
About Coach Rob Wilby
Rob & Team Oxygenaddict have featured in:
What others say about our training plans
More training plans:
-> Half Iron-distance
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|5:34 hrs||6:00 hrs|
|2:54 hrs||3:00 hrs|
|2:31 hrs||1:30 hrs|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||5:34 hrs||6:00 hrs|
||2:54 hrs||3:00 hrs|
||2:31 hrs||1:30 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices: